Emma has 15 years of experience across a broad range of corporate and commercial practice areas. She acts for a variety of clients including government, not-for-profit and private practice.
Emma has a particular focus in the health and aged care sector, including previous in-house roles with a retirement village and aged care operator and a community pharmacies solutions provider.
Emma specialises in governance, risk and compliance including policy creation and implementation and has strong experience in contract drafting and negotiation. Emma previously held an in-house role as a Privacy Officer where she gained experience in privacy, security and data breach laws.
Emma also has extensive experience in dealing with government contracts and tenders.
Health and aged care
- Advising in relation to compliance with the new Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Drafting Whistleblower Policy and Procedure, and a set of operating rules for the Whistleblower Working Group.
- Drafting an instructional flow chart to facilitate compliance with s11(1)(g)(i) of the Health Records Information and the Privacy Act 2002 when considering providing records on compassionate grounds.
- Advising RSL LifeCare on compliance with all relevant statutory regulations and obligations
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements including developing a standard suite of agreements.
- Developing and delivering training for staff at RSL LifeCare to promote internal understanding of legal rights, obligations and to promote a culture of compliance.