Emma is a specialist insurance lawyer. She has over 10 years’ experience in insurance litigation with a specific focus on professional indemnity and medical liability claims.
Emma’s clients appreciate her commercial approach and her ability to distil complex legal issues in a practical and concise way.
Emma acts for a variety of professionals in litigated and unlitigated commercial disputes involving allegations of negligence and breaches of the consumer law. Her medical liability practice includes the defence of negligence claims, complaints and disciplinary proceedings.
Emma is a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 directory for the Asia Pacific region.
- Acting for the Australian Dental Association (Qld branch) and their insurer since 2009 in respect of professional negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings and investigations.
- Acting in claims against property valuers including disputes involving multi-million dollar commercial and residential developments, issues of fraud, prudent lender practices and related party transactions.
- Acting in claims against engineers, project managers and surveyors in litigated and unlitigated disputes relating to commercial and residential developments.
- Acting for solicitors in professional indemnity disputes involving fraudulent property transactions, franchise agreements, missed limitation periods in personal injury claims and conveyancing matters.
- Acting for a corporation in a dispute arising out of an alliance agreement involving issues of good faith, the obligations of the alliance partners and assessment of payments under that agreement.
- Advising insurers and insureds on policy coverage including matters involving excluded conduct clauses and late notification of circumstances in claims made policies.
- Acting for psychologists, physiotherapists and other allied health professionals in professional indemnity claims and disciplinary proceedings.
- Acting for real estate agents and body corporate managers in personal injury claims.
- Acting for insurers and self-insured corporations in public liability claims including a major national logistics company in public liability claims.
- Australian Insurance Law Association - Queensland chapter committee member
- Association of Women in Insurance
- Queensland Law Society