Emma specialises in general insurance litigation. Her practice includes professional indemnity, medical liability and public liability claims for a range insurers and organisations as well as general commercial litigation.
She provides timely, commercial advice to insurers and self- insured clients on policy coverage, liability, quantum and settlement strategy. She also has a thorough understanding of insurance issues including claims made and notified policies, dual insurance and complex insurance arrangements involving multi-party construction contracts.
Emma’s experience in dispute resolution includes appearing in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, Supreme Court, Federal Court and District Court in Queensland as well obtaining successful outcomes for her clients at mediation and conciliation.
- Acting for the Australian Dental Association (Qld), its members and their insurer in respect of professional negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings.
- Acting for psychologists, physiotherapists and other allied health professionals and their insurer in professional indemnity claims and disciplinary proceedings.
- Acting for property valuers, real estate agents, engineers, surveyors and their insurers in professional negligence claims including disputes involving multi-million dollar developments, issues of fraud, prudent lender practices and complex financial arrangements.
- Acting for solicitors in professional indemnity claims involving franchise agreements, missed limitation periods and conveyancing matters.
- Acting for insurers and self insured corporations including a major national logistics company in public liability claims.