'Elisabeth is well organised and able to deliver strategic and commercial advice which is well considered and easy to understand.' – Dan Walley, PPB Advisory
An experienced commercial litigation and international arbitration lawyer, Elisabeth has represented clients in a wide range of commercial disputes in Australia and overseas.
Elisabeth advises her clients on commercial litigation, international arbitration, corporate insolvency, claims arising from contraventions of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), financial product disputes, tax litigation, business crime and fraud.
Elisabeth has worked on numerous multi-million pound sterling and US dollar arbitrations and High Court commercial litigation disputes, and has been the lead solicitor on various contract and commercial disputes.
Known for building strong rapport with her clients, Elisabeth understands key issues quickly, allowing her to provide commercially driven, timely and strategic advice.
Elisabeth is a founding committee member of the Ladies Insolvency Professionals networking organisation.
Elisabeth’s experience arises from both includes domestic and international disputes in the context of large commercial transactions or insolvency related events. Elisabeth’s notable experience includes:
- Advising on a USD $150 million energy dispute.
- Successfully represented 12 local councils of New South Wales in proceedings brought against Standard and Poor’s ratings agency, an international investment bank and a financial advisor for misleading and deceptive conduct, negligence and breach of contract arising from the rating, sale and distribution of complex financial products.
- Acting for liquidators in the recovery of voidable transaction claims including unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions, and unreasonable director related transactions.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners on a wide variety of proceedings arising in the insolvency context including PPSA disputes, insolvency trading claims, examinations of directors and over-arching advice in relation to business and asset sale proposals.
- Acting on complex and high net worth contracts disputes.
- Acting for liquidators in claims against the former directors and officers and former auditors of companies in liquidation.
Insolvency & Restructuring | 1 Aug 2022
The Victorian Supreme Court has handed down its first judicial decision regarding a mortgagee sale which arose during the COVID-19 lockdowns.