Eileen's practice includes personal and business succession planning, probate and estate administration, trusts and self-managed superannuation funds and tax and related strategies related to estate and succession planning.
She is committed to assisting her clients navigate through their succession planning issues and goals, in often difficult circumstances. She takes the time to listen to her clients' unique needs and concerns, and fully understanding their current and future situations that may arise or impact them. In forming recommendations, she explores options and strategies and presents her clients with choices that identify the benefits and downsides of each option.
Eileen's clients include high net wealth individuals and families. Eileen also has worked with a number of clients who are US citizens, US citizens with a non-US citizen partner, or have substantial assets in the USA.
She is a full member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) and holds the TEP designation, an associate member of The Tax Institute, and a member of the NSW Law Society.
- In conjunction with a US Estate Planning Attorney, provided advice to clients, one of which was a US citizen and the other an Australian citizen. A number of issues arose as a result of US Estate Taxes and Wills were drafted in consultation with the US Estate Planning Attorney to incorporate a Qualified Domestic Trust (QDOT) designed to defer US Estate Tax when a US citizen dies and their partner is not a US citizen.
- Advising families on succession planning with a focus on wealth preservation, protection vulnerable beneficiaries and tax planning.
- Providing structuring advice for family groups with a substantial number of trusts and companies, including planning for the future transition of control from the parents to the children. Documents were put into place to deal with the future succession of control of the entities together with Wills that dealt with the parents personal estates.
- Reviewing complex structures of family trusts and unit trusts, and preparing documentation to deal with succession of control.
- Preparing personal testamentary trust Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Appointments of Enduring Guardian, and self-managed superannuation death benefit nominations.
- Advising on probate and estate administration.