David’s practice focuses on technology contracts and intellectual property.
David advises clients from varied industry sectors in a broad range of commercial law areas including IT services, data commercialisation and providing privacy advice for multinational and international clients.
David has been involved in drafting and negotiating on a wide range of technology contracts, advising both technology suppliers and customers. David has also advised clients on IP commercialisation and dispute matters and general commercial law matters
- Assisting, reviewing and drafting a suite of ICT agreements (including traditional licence agreements, master services agreements, SaaS and PaaS agreements) for the design, build, implementation and ongoing services relating to an e-commerce platform on behalf of a global provider of enterprise solutions for omni-channel commerce.
- Assisting, reviewing and drafting a range of ICT agreements (including master services/supply agreements, business process outsourcing agreements, SaaS, IP commercialization agreements) for a large multi-national technology consultancy and solutions provider.
- Advising and assisting with drafting relating to the consultancy and design phase of a large digital transformation program for a leading industry superannuation fund.
- Advising a large European defense contractor on its privacy obligations as these relate to its Australian subsidiary.
- Assisting with the drafting of agreements for the commercialisation of data for a large geo-spatial data client.
Thinking | 3 Mar 2019
Recent amendments to the PBR Act have strengthened PBR rights and have aligned aspects of PBR with other intellectual property laws in Australia.