David is an experienced employment and industrial relations lawyer. He acts for a range of local and global clients across a wide range of industries.
David is known for his strong rapport with clients, and his ability to provide succinct, commercial advice.
David is a member of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria and the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Defending a global human resources and recruitment company against proceedings lodged in the Federal Court.
- Appearing in the Fair Work Commission on behalf of a national restaurant chain in various unfair dismissal and general protections claims.
- Defending a global manufacturing and importation company against urgent interlocutory proceedings lodged against it in the Supreme Court of Victoria regarding post-employment confidentiality obligations and restraints of trade.
- Advising a national aged care provider on strategies to minimise high rates of employee absenteeism.
- Defending a south-east Asian marketing company against proceedings lodged in VCAT by a social media ‘influencer’.
- Advising a global relocation company with approximately 1,300 employees and contractors on a restructure of its Australian operations. This involved advising on modern award and enterprise agreement coverage, consultation obligations, transfer of business provisions, and then drafting staff communications and template employment and contractor agreements.
- Advising a Chinese automotive company on its purchase of an Australian automotive parts supplier.
- Advising the board of a national bank on the termination of an executive employee and the application of the ‘golden handshake’ provisions.
- Assisting a global pallet and logistics company resolve industrial disputes lodged by a union in the Fair Work Commission.