Bronwyn is a property law specialist with over 25 years’ experience in top-tier, mid-tier and independent commercial law firms in Sydney and Newcastle. Her expertise includes property acquisitions and disposals, tenders, due diligence, complex property developments, options, agreements for lease, leasing (commercial, industrial and retail), strata developments, strata disputes, statutory land acquisitions, easements and water licences.
Highly regarded by her clients, Bronwyn applies her strengths in critical thinking and problem solving to provide them with a sound commercial approach to delivering successful outcomes.
Bronwyn is a graduate of the Company Directors Course and accredited (1995-2000) with the Law Society of New South Wales as a specialist in property law.
- Advising Hunter and Central Coast Development Corporation on major Project Delivery Agreements for the sale and development of land for infrastructure, commercial, industrial and residential projects including:
- The Store redevelopment 844 Hunter Street Newcastle
- Newcastle Bus Interchange
- 35 Honeysuckle Drive Newcastle
- 42 Honeysuckle Drive Newcastle
- Parklands at Central Coast Highway Kariong
- Positive covenants
- Step in deeds
- Advising Property NSW on agreement for lease for new office tower at 12 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle West including negotiating variations of the AFL and deeds of consent with the developer’s financier
- Advising Compass Housing Services Co Ltd on the acquisition, development and leasing of 20 sites in the Hunter and Central Coast area for social and affordable housing including:
- Drafting and negotiating with vendor developers Contracts for Sale incorporating back to back provisions with services agreement with Department of Communities and Justice (formerly FACS)
- Drafting and negotiating with lessor developers Agreements for Lease incorporating back to back provisions with agreement with Department of Communities and Justice
- Drafting and negotiating step in deeds with builders and financiers
- Advising Compass Housing Services Co Ltd on agreements with statutory authorities for the provision of community housing in New South Wales, Queensland and New Zealand.
- Advising Home4Life on the acquisition, development and financing of 57 sites under The Hunters Residences Program including drafting easements and positive covenants
- Advising private clients on the acquisition, development and leasing of commercial and industrial sites including 24 Honeysuckle Drive Newcastle and 251 Wharf road Newcastle
- Advising private clients on commercial and retail leases and leasing disputes.
- Advising private equity client on documentation and implementation of sale of Glenrock Station, one of the largest Hunter Valley rural properties, to Chinese investors for $45 million including 30+ titles, contaminated land and FIRB.
- Acting for statutory corporations and Councils, including Newcastle Council, Newcastle Port Corporation and Hunter Area Health Service, on a number of large property development projects (civic and industrial) and redevelopment, including drafting and negotiating development agreements, agreements for lease, sales, purchases and commercial leases including:
- Advising Newcastle Port Corporation on the leasing and sale of the Floating Dockyard Newcastle
- Advising Hunter Area Health on the development agreement for Newcastle Private Hospital
- Advising Newcastle Council on the development of the Clarendon Hotel Newcastle
- Advising Newcastle Council on the purchase and lease back to Westpac of the Frederick Ash building Newcastle
Property & Projects | 6 Dec 2019
Changes to off the plan contract laws will apply from 1 December 2019. This means for any off the plan contract for sale entered into on or after 1 December 2019, you will need to comply with the new laws.