Brandon is an experienced insurance litigator specialising in workers’ compensation, medical treatment liability and public liability claims.
Brandon acts on behalf of private and public insurers, employers, owners/occupiers of premises, health professionals, and public hospitals. He appears before the District Court and Supreme Court of Australia.
- Successfully advising on a common law claim in relation to a worker sustaining significant injury during the course of his employment.
- Advising on behalf of an employer in relation to a catastrophic brain injury sustained by a boilermaker at a construction site.
- Advising on behalf of a mining site in relation to in relation to a slip and fall injury where we achieved a favourable outcome for our client.
- Advising on behalf of the owners and occupiers of an aboriginal community, where a young child was run over by a lawnmower operated by a subcontractor engaged by our client. Due to the nature of the claim we were able to claim no liability by our client and, with the claimant agreeing to walk away from his claim against our client with both parties bearing their own costs.
- Advising a tertiary public hospital in relation to a claim made by a patient who presented with a complex pelvic inflammatory process involving the sigmoid colon and appendix. During our investigation we concluded the hospital’s actions in treating the patient’s inflammation with conservative measures were appropriate in his circumstances.
- Advised an orthopaedic surgeon in a claim made by a patient who alleged the surgeon caused injury to the popliteal artery and failed to diagnose the complication. From further investigations we were able to discover this was false with the plaintiff withdrawing their allegation.
- Advising a general surgeon in relation to a claim made by a patient that he had failed to warn her of a material risk of a perforated bowel, achieving a positive outcome for our client.