Brad is an experienced real estate partner. He specialises in commercial, industrial, retail, and residential property, including sales and acquisitions, developments, joint ventures, options, and providing complex advice on property issues.
Brad’s expertise also includes:
- Real estate funds.
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing, including drafting, review, negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Development and leasing of petrol stations.
- Hotel management agreements.
- Advising developers and operators on all aspects of acquiring, establishing and structuring of retirement villages.
- Residential subdivisions, including advising on the purchase of site, through to the sale of the developed house lot.
- Mixed use strata titled development, management rights and body corporate structuring.
- Berthing licence agreements with international cruise liners.
- The statutory and regulatory framework in place affecting proprietary interests in airport land, and the procedures and requirements of airport landlords for the grant of underleases and the conduct and regulation of airport land tenants.
- Mortgagee sales.
Brad advises a wide range of clients, particularly in the property, aged care and local government sectors. Clients value his responsiveness, approachability and the commercial interest in their business. Brad partners with his clients to help achieve their goals.
Brad is also passionate about giving back to the community and is involved with several First Nations businesses, including:
- Board Director of Independent Indigenous Tourism Operators of Queensland
- Brand Ambassador for Birrunga Gallery and Dining, the only Indigenous owned and operated cultural hub in the Brisbane CBD.
- Council Member of the Yalari Northern Regional Council, a not-for-profit organisation that offers quality secondary education scholarships at leading Australian boarding schools for Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities.
- Brand Ambassador (and volunteer) for Dig In, a not-for- profit organisation which provides over 800 meals for the homeless and disadvantaged in Brisbane City every day
- Acting for institutional client on its $450 million mixed use development.
- Acting for numerous local governments in regard to property development and infrastructure.
- Acting for public company in regard to the subdivision of 1,500 residential lots.
- Acting for numerous REIT’s in the purchase, development and sale of commercial, industrial and retail assets.
- Acting for various REIT’s in regard to their commercial and leasing portfolios.
- Acting for developer in 45 level high rise apartment development.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023Recommended – Real estate
Doyle’s Guide to the Legal Profession 2022 & 2023Health & Aged Care Lawyer – Queensland
Property & Projects | 4 Aug 2022
Partner Brad Marland discusses some of the key issues facing local government in South East Queensland.