Bettina is a highly experienced insurance and product safety lawyer. She defends claims on behalf of domestic and international insurers and corporations. Bettina’s practise has a particular focus on workers’ compensation, personal injuries and product safety.
Her workers’ compensation experience includes acting in hundreds of personal injuries claims with significant litigation and complex claim experience including catastrophic, dependency, dust disease and fraudulent claims.
Bettina has over 10 years’ experience acting on behalf of insurers and manufacturers in relation to complex product liability litigation including property and personal injury claims, as well as coronial inquests. Bettina has extensive experience in advising corporations in all major areas of product safety including regulatory compliance, recalls, consumer warranties and guarantees and various other provisions of the Australian Consumer Law and Electrical Safety legislation.
Bettina has written numerous articles in the area of insurance law and product liability including a series of articles on the difference between US and Australian product liability litigation. She is a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA) and Women in Insurance.
- Successfully defending an insurer in relation to a number Supreme Court and District Court trials in Queensland involving significant fraud, liability, quantum and credit issues
- Acting in a number of complex personal injury claims and court applications (including an administrative law/judicial review matter) involving self-represented litigations and vexatious litigants
- Successfully defending a major distributer and international manufacturer in a coronial inquest and subsequent civil claims in New South Wales involving serious product liability issues, property damage and personal injury claims involving nervous shock and dependency actions.
- Advising a US manufacturer on procedural and evidential issues under the Hague Convention in relation to product liability claim involving a catastrophic injury
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Women in Insurance