Andrew is a senior associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team at Hall & Wilcox in Perth.
Andrew focuses on tax disputes and insolvency matters. Andrew routinely acts on tax audits and debt recovery, director penalty notices (withholding, GST and superannuation) and other commercial disputes.
The experience Andrew brings from having worked for the Australian Federal Government is highly regarded and his clients benefit from his understanding of tax dispute resolution and debt recovery.
Andrew was awarded a Master of Taxation Law with Distinction from the University of Western Australia and routinely presents on tax and insolvency matters at universities and business events.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in respect of declaratory relief applications for dealing with insolvent trading trusts.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in respect of voidable transactions and director’s duties claims.
- Advising taxpayers who are subject to tax debt recovery proceedings.
- Advising taxpayers in respect to objection and amendment requests with respect to Commissioner-assessed default assessments.
- Advising on federal and state tax consequences of property sales, settlement deeds and other agreements.
- Acting for and against accountants in respect of negligence claims.