Andrew is a lawyer in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team at Hall & Wilcox in Perth.
Andrew routinely advises individuals, small businesses, insolvency practitioners, insurers and banks on a range of tax technical, commercial and insolvency matters. Andrew regularly appears in the state and federal courts.
Andrew started his career at the Australian Taxation Office where he worked in dispute resolution, private group audit and superannuation compliance. Andrew was awarded a Master of Taxation Law with Distinction from the University of Western Australia and routinely presents on tax and insolvency matters at universities and business events.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in respect of declaratory relief applications for dealing with insolvent trading trusts.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in respect of voidable transactions and director’s duties claims.
- Advising taxpayers who are subject to tax debt recovery proceedings.
- Advising taxpayers in respect to objection and amendment requests with respect to Commissioner-assessed default assessments.
- Advising on federal and state tax consequences of property sales, settlement deeds and other agreements.
- Acting for and against accountants in respect of negligence claims.