Alicia has a broad range of experience in intellectual property law (with a particular focus on trade marks and copyright), commercial contracting, consumer law and privacy matters.
Alicia acts for a range of clients across various industries, including technology, media and entertainment, sports, public sector, travel, hospitality, automotive, wildlife, health and wellbeing and financial services.
Alicia’s diverse experience enables her to act on a wide range of commercial matters.
Alicia is committed to providing exceptional client service, including through prompt and clear communication and the delivery of high-quality commercial outcomes.
- Regularly advising on, developing strategies and negotiating resolutions to intellectual property disputes (including in relation to trade marks and copyright) within Australia and worldwide, resulting in successful outcomes for clients with well-established brands.
- Negotiating the resolution of a trade mark infringement claim on behalf of a leading wellbeing company, whereby the infringing party agreed to cease all use of the infringing mark.
- Assisting a leading truck and vehicle supplier in a copyright ownership dispute, including advising on equitable ownership, implied licences and confidential information.
- Acting in a significant copyright valuation matter involving the identification of copyright assets valued at in excess of $15 million, including preparing a brief to an independent valuer.
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating agreements for the licence of intellectual property rights, including trade marks, copyright and software.
- Conducting comprehensive trade mark searches and providing strategic advice on trade mark registrability and the risks associated with use.
- Advising a government agency on the implementation of a large digital platform, including advising on legislative compliance and drafting disclaimers, privacy policies and inter-agency agreements regarding use of data and personal information.
- Advising a leading energy company on a major digital outsourcing project, including providing strategic advice, conducting simultaneous negotiations with numerous service providers and drafting the relevant transaction documents.
- Reviewing, advising on and clearing materials (including marketing materials) for potential intellectual property infringement, consumer law issues and others risks, including clearing an advertising campaign for a leading truck and vehicle supplier.
- Negotiating and advising on trade mark co-existence arrangements for a range of clients.
- Providing intellectual property ownership advice, including for large corporate groups in a range of industries.
- Regularly drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements, including services agreements, confidentiality agreements and terms and conditions, including in the fields of technology and media.
- Managing large domestic and international trade mark portfolios, acting in trade mark removal and opposition proceedings, securing trade mark registrations and overcoming examination objections (including by preparing evidence of use and detailed legal submissions).
- Advising on the collection of personal information, preparing privacy policies and advising on data breaches.
Awards and recognition
Australasian Lawyer’s Rising Stars 2022Winner
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
Technology & Digital Economy | 7 Mar 2022
ACCC Chair Rod Sims outlined the ACCC's priorities at an address to the Committee for Economic Development Australia.