“Ahranee works tirelessly to deadlines and makes herself available at all hours to ensure that issues were dealt with in a timely manner and the necessary advice was provided. Ahranee is well organised and able to deliver strategic and commercial advice which is well considered and easy to understand.” Caroline Jacobi, formerly of BMS
Ahranee advises insurers and corporates in the defence of public and product liability claims, both personal injury and property damage, as well as policy advice. Ahranee also acts for underwriters of personal accident & sickness policies, with a focus on disputed disability, trauma, death and TPD claims.
Ahranee has extensive experience defending personal injury claims for a diverse range of businesses, including hoteliers, licensed clubs, security guards, construction and building contractors, leisure centre owners, sporting clubs, amusement parks, owners of commercial premises, managing agents, and commercial cleaners.
Ahranee is highly regarded by clients for her technical advice and commercial approach to reducing claims, risk and costs. She is a trusted lawyer who is easy to work with, always accessible and committed to providing a high quality legal service.
Ahranee is a member of The Association for Women in Insurance, Australian Insurance Lawyers Association, the Women Lawyers Association of New South Wales and Young Insurance Professionals (YIPS) NSW. She is the immediate former President of The NSW Association for Women in Insurance.
She is a recommended public & product liability lawyer in NSW in Doyles’ Guide to the Australian Legal Profession and is also listed in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Insurance Law for 2020.
- Successfully defending an application seeking to join a client insurer as a defendant, on the basis that the insurer was entitled to rely on a policy exclusion clause.
- Advising insurers on policy interpretation, coverage disputes and dual insurance claims.
- Acting for a gymnasium in relation to a personal injury claim arising from the claimant’s use of an exercise machine that rendered the claimant a paraplegic.
- Advising the owner of a local swimming pool in relation to a fatal diving accident.
- Advising a martial arts training school regarding the death of a student who collapsed immediately after sparring activities conducted during a training session.
- Acting for a formwork services contractor regarding a subcontracted worker who fell from a scaffold resulting in his thigh being impaled on a piece of reinforcing steel.
- Major construction claims acting for head contractors and subcontractors where labour hire personnel have sustained significant injuries.
- Defending section 151Z recovery claims.
- Expertise acting for security contractors regarding allegations of intentional tort arising from assaults, battery and false imprisonment of patrons by security personnel.
- Acting for hoteliers, licensed venues and occupiers generally in relation to a wide gamut of personal injury claims arising out of slips / trips and assaults by patrons and security subcontractors.
- Managing claims on behalf of cleaning contractors and centre managers for large retail and commercial premises.
- Acting for insurers in respect of personal injury claims arising in various jurisdictions, including New South Wales, Queensland, the ACT, the Northern Territory, and South Australia.