Our highly specialised retail and franchising team offers industry insights built on more than 50 years’ experience in these sectors. We understand that the industry must be increasingly agile in response to fast-moving markets and global pressures, and we tailor our advice accordingly.
We provide cost-effective, commercial advice on retail and franchise strategy, structuring, feasibility, system design and development, and disputes relating to franchise and distribution agreements. Our clients are assured of seamless advice on the front-end and back-end requirements of franchising, retail and distribution.
- Assisting Priceline and Priceline Pharmacies to prepare franchising documentation.
- Assisting Quest Serviced Apartments to draft a new franchise agreement and roll it out to its existing franchisees.
- Acting for Sabco in the acquisition of Asia Pacific Brands (Mr Clean and Turtle Wax).
- Preparing the IGA franchise and alliance documentation on behalf of Metcash Limited.
- Acting for Caltex Australia in a number of transactions and disputes with franchisees.
- Acting for Retravision (Southern) in reviewing and amending all of its franchise documentation, and advising the board of Retravision on solvency and restructure options prior to it going into voluntary administration.
- Acting for Telcoinabox, Brazilian Butterfly, Noodle Box, Spudbar, Ace Body Corporate, The Real Learning Experience and in.cub8r in relation to preparation of franchise documentation.
- Assisting Noodle Box, Telcoinabox, Leading Teams, Bills and others with their international expansion.
- Advising LandMark White Limited in its joint venture with WA-based Hegney Group, including setting a new franchise model.
- Drafting franchise agreements for a large Australian financial services company in relation to various community-related projects such as community telecommunications and joint venture community fuel depots.
- Advising Boost Juice founders, Janine and Jeff Allis, in the sale of a majority stake in Boost Investment Group to US-based private equity firm, The Riverside Company.
- Advising Canon Australia on a $31 million agreement with CSG Communications for Canon’s Multi-Function Device dealership in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth.
- Acting for a national trade and industrial tool seller in relation to its corporate restructure from a co-operative to a franchise model.
- Advising the founder of a large automotive parts retailer and trade supplier in the sale of the company to private equity.
- Advising The Witchery Group on employment contracts and providing management training on equal opportunity and performance management.