With more than two decades of experience guiding some of the agribusiness industry’s leading organisations, our team is well placed to help you overcome the challenges and embrace the opportunities presented by this sector.
We advise those who assist with the production, selling and financing of primary produce, as well as primary producers themselves.
Our team advises on matters including:
- business transactions: buying, selling, setting up, running and winding down businesses
- finance transactions: advising on most types of lending, including syndicated and bilateral loan facilities, traditional and non-traditional security such as stock mortgages, crop liens and real property mortgages, and structuring, establishing and operating listed and unlisted retail and wholesale funds
- commercialising and managing intellectual property rights: IP commercialisation including licensing, commercialisation structures, strategic brand protection advice, trade mark availability, infringement and registrability advice, trade mark prosecution and portfolio management, IP infringement and enforcement strategies
- managing employees: employment law advice, such as contracts of employment, employee entitlements, and workplace agreements and policies
- commodity transactions: funding arrangements for commodities marketers, including inventory finance and other facilities, and commercial contracts and Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) implications for the purchase, marketing and sale of wheat, barley and other commodities
- equipment and other asset transactions: buying, selling and leasing a broad range of assets such as machinery, vehicles, aircraft and rolling stock
- land transactions and leasing: acquisitions and disposals of agricultural, commercial and industrial property, and advice on property rights, property disputes and planning, environment and construction law matters
- commercial contracts: advising on third party agreements, including service, agency, sales and supply agreements
- dispute resolution: assisting with contractual disputes, negotiations, recovery proceedings, litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings, and advising on marketing and distribution practices, unfair practices, product labelling, country and region of origin and other consumer protection issues under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.