We make it easy for you to grow your business, retain your people, move your people around the world and comply with Australian laws.
- In sending my employees to Australia, what visas do they need?
- If my employee has a business tourist visa, can they work in Australia?
- Are there differences between temporary and permanent visas?
- Is there a minimum rate my employees need to be paid in Australia?
- What is the best way to package benefits for employees who are coming to work in Australia?
- If I provide housing, car, cell phone, computer and other benefits to an employee relocating to Australia – will this result in a Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) liability for me?
- How do I comply with income tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST) and State based taxes?
- Am I protected by double taxation agreements (DTAs) with Australia?
- Will my employee be able to claim a Foreign Income Tax Offset (FITO)?
- Do I have obligations to provide a pension or ‘superannuation’ for my employee in Australia?
- Will my employee have their own self-managed superannuation fund? Or, will I use an industry superannuation fund?
- Is my ‘employee’ an employee or an independent contractor?
- Will my employee need assistance dealing with their tax planning and compliance with local/foreign income tax obligations?
- Is my employee moving with their family and will they have time to address their own affairs relating to their global assets?
- Will my employee be eligible for Medicare?
We can make this process easy for you
These questions are essential for employers who plan on moving employees in and out of Australia and seek to:
- provide an attractive salary package to optimise their employees’ performance
- comply with Australian laws
Our specialist team has an outstanding history of immigration and tax advisory services which cater to global mobility needs of large multinational and small corporations.
Our team provides you and your employees with the guidance, assistance and skills for all your mobility issues.
We can assist you with:
- Immigration (advising and preparing work visas)
- Employment documentation (preparing employment contracts) and ongoing employment and business migration advice
- Tax (Income Tax, FBT, GST, PAYG, Employment and FITO)
- Superannuation compliance and planning
- Employee tax affairs
Partner – Head of Tax
T +61 3 9603 3686
M +61 411 234 262
Lawyer – Tax
T +61 3 9603 3642
Senior Associate/Migration Consultant MARN 1460940
T +61 8 9482 7966
M +61 401 136 112