The Hall & Wilcox GST team provides best practice GST advice that is easy to understand and implement. We advise a wide range of clients, from high net worth individuals to multinational corporations. We take a commercial approach to issues, and provide practical advice and solutions on how to best proceed with transactions and business restructures in a tax-effective way.
We provide market leading advice over the course of the tax life cycle to mitigate risk, and resolve matters of controversy. We specialise in identifying GST risks arising from business activities and minimising the resulting GST cost to our clients.
- Advising companies on Business Activity Statements (BAS) reporting matters, invoicing requirements, GST grouping matters and related operational risk management.
- Advising property developers, municipal councils, government entities and individuals on the GST risk in property related projects.
- Advising companies who make financial supplies, on the appropriate treatment of those supplies and mechanisms to improve Input Tax Credit (ITC) recovery positions.
- Advising resident and non-resident companies on the inbound and outbound supplies of goods, services and intangibles.
- Advising liquidators, administrators and receivers on the GST positions taken by the distressed entity, for compliance purposes and to improve GST cash flow and ITC recovery positions.
- Advising companies in supply-chain, logistics, leasing and related industries on GST administration and compliance matters arising from business-to-business transactions.
- Advising wholesale and retail businesses on the GST implications of product lines, acquisitions and customer contracting matters.
- Advising clients on the GST consequences specific to the pricing and supply arrangements of companies that operate electronic distribution platforms or make intangible supplies (including support services).
- Advising entities with a charitable and benevolent purpose of available GST concessions.