Hall & Wilcox Corporate Tax team provides strategic and practical corporate tax advice to listed and privately owned corporate groups on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, projects and restructures.
Drawing on the breadth and depth of our experience and ability, we are able to navigate our corporate clients through complex legislation and help them to achieve tax efficiencies. Where our clients require a combined service offering, we work closely with the Hall & Wilcox Corporate and commercial team to ensure we provide integrated and efficient results driven service.
We closely follow legislative and regulatory developments and are quick to communicate how this may impact our clients.
- Advising on the tax implications associated with the acquisition of an insurance company and the potential application of the anti-avoidance provisions.
- Advising on the buy out of a major shareholder of a large private investment group, including preservation of the group’s tax losses.
- Structuring the sale of numerous businesses to permit the vendors’ access to available CGT concessions while giving the purchaser a new, clean acquisition vehicle.
- Advising on the use of selective share buy backs, as an alternative to a share sale, when retiring shareholders from corporate groups.
- Advising on the tax and trust law issues arising in establishing a syndicated arrangement supporting a finance company.
- Advising on the effectiveness of trust distributions by a large retail group.
- Advising on the roll-up of numerous financial planning businesses to a large “consolidator” of such businesses.
- Advising on the trust law implications associated with executing a gas abandonment deed.
- Advising a large multinational fund manager on the income tax issues for the fund manager and investors of investing in capital protected products.