Hall & Wilcox is listed as a noted firm in Environment in Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016
Our Environment team has environmental law expertise including advising on land contamination, risk allocation, incident management, prosecutions and environmental litigation, reviewing and advising on environmental site assessments, remediation action plans and construction management plans, liaising with environmental engineers and regulatory agencies, local councils and the EPA to ensure environmental risk and liability are appropriately managed.
The team is also a recommended Environment law firm in the 2015 Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.
- Advising numerous property developers about the environmental aspects of brownfield and infill development.
- Advising the Commonwealth Department of Defence in relation to significant land contamination and project development issues arising from brownfield sites around Victoria.
- Advising a major oil company in relation to its environmental obligations and liabilities in respect of properties in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia.
- Advising petroleum companies in relation to refining operations and compliance, negotiating licence renewals, and advising in respect of environmental contamination and incidents.
- Acting as an independent expert for four petroleum companies in providing opinion as to the allocation of liability for environmental contamination.
- Acting for the plaintiff in Premier Building and Consulting Pty Ltd v Spotless Group Ltd – the largest environmental contamination liability case to be tried in Australia.
- Advising a group of metropolitan municipal councils about the environmental rules and regulations associated with obsolete landfill sites and assisting with pollution abatement notices.