Dealing with the estate administration process can be a difficult time, especially after the recent loss of a loved one. The process and procedures can often be daunting, especially as most people have never acted as an executor.
We can guide you through the process and explain all the process and procedures in acting as an executor:
- locating the Will (a copy will normally be found with the deceased’s ‘important papers’ or with their lawyer and financial advisors)
- acting in the best interests of the beneficiaries of the Will
- protecting the assets of the estate (such as maintaining any insurance policies on any estate assets)
- determining the assets and liabilities of the estate applying for a grant of probate and
- collecting estate assets, paying any liabilities and distributing the estate in accordance with the Will.