We provide a unique combination of high level investment funds management experience with a pragmatic and commercial approach to providing legal advice.
The team acts for trustees, responsible entities and investment managers, including some of Australia’s leading fund managers, and has expertise in a number of key areas.
The team has assisted a large number of local and foreign retail and wholesale fund managers establish numerous listed and unlisted managed investment schemes of different types including equities schemes, property trusts/REITs, agribusiness schemes, cash management trusts, fixed interest schemes and MDAs.
This experience also extends to the establishment of less common wholesale managed investment vehicles such as platforms (IDPS), hedge funds with overseas feeder fund structures and capital guaranteed products.
We act for numerous wholesale and retail funds managers including IOOF, Bennelong Funds Management, L1 Capital, Kentgrove Capital, Paragon Funds Management, Gyrostat Funds Management, EG Funds Management and DS Capital.
- Advising Ventura Funds Management, a subsidiary of Centrepoint Alliance Limited, on a transaction involving the establishment of a unique separately managed account service using latest technology and internationally leading service providers to deliver professionally managed investments.
- Advising Bennelong Funds Management on two fund manager equity investments: Quay Global Investors and 4 Corners Infrastructure.
- Acting for the BBRC Group in the establishment of the BBRC Diversified Retail Trust and the equity and debt fundraising for the purchase and improvement of a portfolio of four homemaker centers valued at approximately A$110 million. Hall & Wilcox acted on all aspects of the transaction, including complex stamp duty structuring.
- Acting for a number of agricultural funds, including Environinvest and Gunns Plantations Limited.
- Acting for AR Capital in the establishment of the Ascot Fund (hedge fund) and the Ascot (Cayman) Fund (a Cayman Island feeder fund for the Ascot Fund).
- Acting for a number of foreign exchange trading businesses and alternative investment funds.
- Acting for AXA Australia in setting up an investor directed portfolio service, North Investment. We provided structuring, tax, disclosure and AFSL related advice, and assisted in setting up the IDPS, guarantee and disclosure documents.