IP litigation and related disputes can be an unwanted distraction for any business, whether enforcing its right as the IP owner, or in defence of infringement claims. We work with our clients to assess the risks and rewards of pursuing all actions at the outset, weighing up the commercial benefits, the chance of success and the financial impact of any dispute.
We have expertise across all areas of IP litigation, including enforcing and defending copyright, design, patent and trade mark infringements and related claims under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). We can draw upon the experts of litigation lawyers with experience in IP disputes to complement core IP team.
- Acting in respect of numerous trade mark, copyright, design and patent infringement matters.
- Advising a complex and multi-jurisdictional trade mark dispute concerning a client’s well known and valuable registered trade marks in Chile.
- Acting for a Hong Kong based global logistics service supplier in respect of trade mark infringement, passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct proceedings brought against it in Australia.
- Acting for a New Zealand based joint venture company in relation to enforcement of its plant breeder’s rights (PBR).
- Acting for a property fund group on an ongoing trade mark dispute around one of its funds.
- Acting for a manufacturer in high-profile design infringement proceedings and associated consumer law claims.
- Advising a national financial services group on obtaining injunctions against former licensees for trade mark infringement, misleading and deceptive conduct, and breaches of licensing agreements in the Federal Court.