Events | 10 Jun 2020
When your construction finance deal goes into default – know your rights and responsibilities
Unfortunately, some construction financing deals go bad. And, with COVID-19, risks for these deals have heightened. Our banking, projects and corporate renewal teams delivered a webinar to discuss the key things to be aware of when a deal goes bad.
Aimed at borrowers, builders and lenders, we covered:
- how a builder side deed works;
- default notices under building contracts;
- force majeure in the context of COVID;
- director’s duties – borrower and builder;
- lender’s step-in rights; and
- safe harbour considerations.