Events | 01 Apr 2021
The new serious incident response scheme (SIRS) and an update on mandatory reporting to AHPRA
The new serious incident response scheme (SIRS) commences on 1 April 2021. The new scheme will help prevent and reduce incidents of abuse and neglect in residential aged care services while strengthening the aged care systems.
The SIRS has two key components:
- incident management obligations; and
- compulsory reporting obligations.
ACSA and Pride Living, along with Hall & Wilcox, will discuss the new scheme, including:
- what approved providers need to have in place to comply with SIRS;
- priority 1 and priority 2 incidents and the providers incident management obligations; and
- what needs to be reported and when under the compulsory reporting obligations.
Presenters will also provide an update on mandatory reporting to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, which is relevant to registered health practitioners and their employers (including health and aged care providers).
We encourage attendees to submit questions ahead of the webinar to Sarah Porter.
We hope you can attend this webinar hosted by ACSA, ACHSM, AHHA and Hall & Wilcox.