Hall & Wilcox is proud of and cherishes its culture. Culture is something we constantly nurture. Our culture has been described as warm and welcoming, inclusive and supportive. We aim to strike a healthy balance between working hard and maintaining a high level of professionalism with having fun and being able to laugh at ourselves. By having happy and engaged people, we ensure our clients also receive a great experience.
The firm’s ambition and growth are also factors in our culture. We are a progressive ‘firm on the rise’ and this helps us to provide fantastic opportunities for our people to grow and progress.
Things our people love about working at Hall & Wilcox include:
- the warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere
- inclusive and respectful culture
- Friday night drinks every Friday
- our Art exhibition and acquisition program
- our offices
- social and sporting activities
- motivated and enthusiastic leaders
- collaborative team environment and
- community involvement.
If you are interested in discussing any opportunities at Hall & Wilcox, please contact a member of our People & Culture team on +61 3 9603 3650.
Hall & Wilcox was voted as Australasian Lawyer – Employer of Choice (under 500 employees) 2015 and a top firm for Work & Culture Engagement and Access to Technology.
We offer a range of benefits to support our people in and beyond the workplace:
- Be Well Program – a program designed to inspire our people to improve their individual health & well-being
- Healthy start breakfast program
- Fresh fruit – delivered to our offices on a regular basis
- Purchase of additional leave – opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per annum
- Paid parental leave – up to 18 weeks, as well as other resources for our working parents such as Childcare Kit
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee assistance program – access to confidential external professional counselling for our people and their immediate families
- Commuter Club – access to significantly discount for public transport (Vic only)
- Study support – fees and study leave for postgraduate studies
- Social and sporting activities – organised by dedicated social and sporting committees
- Corporate discounts – include discounts for gym, movie tickets, legal services and the Microsoft Office Home Use Program.
At Hall & Wilcox the ongoing development of our people is a key priority. By investing in our people, we are developing experts in the wider fields of law and business.
We believe that learning is an ongoing and continual process that should be encouraged in all aspects of peoples’ work, and we aim to create an environment where collaboration, critical thinking and creativity thrive.
We support our people to participate in a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including internal and external seminars and workshops, and encourage skill development through on the job coaching and feedback. Our partners and our people regularly contribute to firm learning by presenting on new developments in their area of specialty or on cases of interest. Firm social collaboration tools also encourage informal learning.
For many people, further study is a valuable way to strengthen their expertise. We have a generous study policy, which includes financial support, various study options and study leave for approved courses.
Each person’s learning and development needs are discussed formally through our performance review and planning program. We not only encourage our people to take responsibility for their development and to identify and discuss training requirements and requests during their reviews but to also have ongoing discussions about their development throughout the year.
For senior lawyers, we have a well established and highly successful mentoring program. The purpose of the program is to help participants in their personal and professional development. All partners are involved in the program and take an active part in helping senior lawyers achieve their goals.
From time to time, client and other secondment opportunities also arise. These provide excellent learning opportunities for our lawyers and help to enhance our service offering and client relationships.