Richard has significant experience in leveraged and acquisition finance, corporate finance, syndicated finance, and restructuring.
Richard has worked in private practice roles in Australia and the UK, and in-house at a major global bank. He has experience on both the lender and borrower sides of transactions.
Richard joined Hall & Wilcox in 2013. Prior to joining, Richard worked in the finance practice of Minter Ellison for over four years, where he was the key Victorian contact for Westpac within each of the WIB (commercial bank, syndications and property / construction teams), Business Bank, Private Bank and Bank of Melbourne businesses.
Richard was a senior secondee to Westpac (commercial bank, syndications and property / construction teams) in 2012 and 2013.
- Advising Westpac and ANZ on a syndicated $275 million financing for the construction of 675 residential apartments at Prima Pearl tower, SouthBank, Victoria.
- Advising Westpac on a bilateral $26 million acquisition financing for the Quality Pharmacy Group to purchase a portfolio of pharmacies.
- Advising NAB and BOSIAL over four years on their USD $60 million standstill and debt restructuring for Allco SIF limited, including asset acquisitions and divestments.
- Advising Wesfarmers Limited and Coles Supermarkets Limited in relation to their $45 million secured vendor financing for FoodWorks Limited as part of a divestment of 45 supermarkets.
- Advising Sigma Pharmaceuticals Limited in relation to its $400 million syndicated finance and receivables finance restructuring.
- Advising NAB in its $38 million financing of the development by Consolidated Properties Group, in conjunction with VicTrack, of residential apartments and offices at the Ikon Development, Glen Waverley station, Victoria.
- Advising Trenerry Abbotsford Group on its financing to develop 109 residential apartments at Trenerry Crescent Abbotsford, Victoria.
- Advising CBA leveraged finance in its financing of the purchase of a Victorian sawmill from Gunns Limited by a consortium of high-wealth individuals.