“Kerryn Tredwell [whose] advice is easy to implement” – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
Kerryn practices in employment and workplace relations law, providing strategic and practical advice to Australian and international corporate clients across a wide range of industries.
Kerryn specialises in employment litigation (including unfair dismissal, adverse action and breach of contract claims), bullying, sexual harassment and discrimination matters, business restructuring, transfer of business and privacy law.
On a daily basis, Kerryn advises clients on employment terms and conditions, contractor agreements, disciplinary and performance issues, workforce restructuring and redundancies, and workplace investigations.
Kerryn is a dual-qualified lawyer admitted as a solicitor in Australia and in England & Wales. Her experience includes over 10 years at top-tier firm Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills), four years practising in the UK with the leading international employment law team at Eversheds LLP, and two secondments as in-house employment counsel for a leading Australian retail bank.
Kerryn’s straightforward, clear and commercial advice makes her a valued advisor to employers in a broad cross-section of industries, including financial services, media, retail, IT and higher education.
Kerryn has been recognised in The Best Lawyers of Australia in labour and employment law for the last two years.
- Advising an international manufacturer of medical devices on the Australian aspects of a global restructure and associated redundancies.
- Representing a large financial services client in adverse action proceedings brought by a former employee in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Advising European and US-based multi-national organisations on issues affecting their Australian workforces.
- Successfully defending a large insurance company in adverse action proceedings resulting in the claim being withdrawn.
- Successfully defending a transport company in relation to an investigation by the Fair Work Ombudsman into sham contracting.
- Conducting and advising large corporate employers on workplace investigations into bullying, discrimination and harassment complaints.
- Assisting a major ASX-listed gas infrastructure company (with a large and disparate workforce spread across Australia) with the preparation, training and implementation of the organisation’s workplace behaviour policies and procedures.