Graeme has a broad practice in commercial dispute resolution, conducting small to complex litigation in the Supreme and Federal Courts, and mediation.
Graeme works with leading insolvency practitioners acting in their capacities as liquidators, receivers and administrators of insolvent or ‘at risk’ companies.
Graeme has a keen interest in the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (PPSA) and has presented to a range of professional associations, accountants, insolvency practitioners and clients on the practical implications of the PPSA.
Graeme also advises on the full suite of intellectual property rights in their protection, enforcement, and commercialisation.
Graeme views litigation as a tool to achieving a desired outcome, whether that be a commercial solution or a determination of rights at trial. Graeme works closely with his clients to obtain a clear understanding of their objectives and to then set a strategy to best achieve them.
- Acting for liquidators of an ASX listed company group in a major investigation and public examination of its officers and auditors.
- Advising liquidators in relation to priority disputes with secured creditors over collateral.
- Advising liquidators in relation to the vesting of creditors’ security interests under the PPSA upon an insolvency event.
- Acting for liquidators in the removal of a PPSA secured interest over company property.
- Acting for liquidators and creditors in relation to preference payment claims.
- Acting for the spouse of a bankrupt in a claim against his trustee in bankruptcy for a property settlement.
- Acting for a supplier of disposable gloves in a claim for infringement of the copyright in its packaging and a passing off claim in the get up.
- Acting as supervising solicitor in the execution of a search and seizure order seeking evidence of a former employee diverting and appropriating business opportunities.
- Acting for a patentee of a combination lid with spoon in a claim that it had breached its grant of an exclusive licence.
- Acting for an international freight and logistics group in defending a claim that its global branding infringed a local traders trade mark.
- Acting for a manufacturer of an instant water heating unit in a negligence claim against a contractor.