On 1 July 2017 changes came into force on the Retail Leases Act 1994 (NSW) after a 13 year period without amendments.
Hall & Wilcox is pleased to invite you to a seminar focusing on the changes within the Retail Leases Act. The presentation will discuss:
- changes to requirements regarding Lessor’s disclosure statements
- the importance of accurate estimation of outgoings and consequences of failing to do so
- consequences of failure to provide a disclosure statement that is complete, accurate and not misleading
- removal of the five year minimum term requirement
- new time periods for registering leases and returning bank guarantees
- removal of certain types of premises from the application of the Act
- removal of the right to recover mortgagee consent fees from tenants and
- various other changes to the Act.
There will be ample opportunity to contribute to the discussion, to learn how others are approaching these changes, and to network with peers.