For all companies, the effective management of trade marks and portfolios is an important part of maintaining competitiveness in the market. Implementing a strategic approach to managing trade marks and their registration, monitoring for infringements and enforcing rights can be vital.
We manage trade mark portfolios for numerous clients including providing brand protection advice on trade mark availability, infringement and registrability, nationally and internationally, and preparing evidence and submissions to IP Australia.
- Successfully acting for one of Australia’s leading franchise systems in relation to defending a non-use action and enforcing an opposition proceeding.
- Providing strategic brand protection and trade mark prosecution advice for one of Australia’s largest residential housing builders.
- Providing strategic brand protection advice and managing a trade mark opposition for leading international children’s product brands.
- Acting for one of Australia’s leading online fantasy game developers in the successful prosecution of a well-known trade mark for online fantasy sports games.
- Advising a global leader in the supercomputer market on trade mark opposition proceedings.