The Hall & Wilcox medical malpractice team has extensive expertise in the health professions and care sector Australia wide in a broad range of professional indemnity, public liability, product liability and disciplinary claims. We are a trusted advisor to our loyal client base. Our work extends from claims management to policy development and risk assessments as well as value add services such as advice hotlines.
- Successfully defending District Court of New South Wales proceedings brought against a chiropractor alleged to have caused significant lower back injury.
- Successfully defending Supreme Court of Western Australia proceedings brought against a physiotherapist alleged to have caused significant lower back issues.
- Representing podiatric surgeons alleged to have negligently performed surgery in a number of matters litigated in Western Australia and Queensland.
- Defending a dentist in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings involving allegations of negligent and unnecessary dental work (including on appeal).
- Defending a nurse and his employer in Victorian Supreme Court proceeding involving allegations that the plaintiff suffered a massive stroke as a result of the negligent insertion of a catheter.
- Successfully defending a Western Australia State Administrative Tribunal proceedings brought against a physiotherapist accused of molesting a patient (including appeal).
- Representing pharmacists before various tribunals in numerous States accused of dispensing anabolic steroids to body builders.
- Acting for Western Australian public hospitals in numerous professional negligence claims.
- Successfully defending Western Australia District Court proceedings against an orthopaedic surgeon alleged to have caused compartment syndrome.
- Representing an optometrist in a complaint before the Western Australia State Administrative Tribunal, which were resolved at mediation without any adverse impact on the optometrist’s registration.
- Successfully defending District Court of New South Wales proceedings brought against a prominent equine veterinary practice alleged to have misinterpreted radiology on a racehorse (including on appeal).