The Australian agribusiness sector continues to face challenges and opportunities driven by economic fluctuations, environmental changes and interest from investors. The Agribusiness team has depth of experience advising on a range of deals within the sector, advising both lenders and borrowers on most types of lending, including syndicated and bilateral loan facilities. This expertise extends to advising on various types of traditional and non-traditional security such as stock mortgages, crop liens and real property mortgages.
The team also has experience in advising on various agribusiness investment vehicles. This includes advising on the structuring, establishing and operating listed and unlisted and retail and wholesale funds.
Some of the clients the team has assisted with finance transactions include AWB Limited (now Agrium Asia Pacific and Cargill Australia) and Landmark Operations, Gunns Limited, Rabobank, Rural Finance Corporation and Tasmanian Dairy Products.
- Advising Rabobank Australia on its rural lending business in Victoria, including documenting farm lending transactions and related security.
- Acting for a responsible entity of a number of registered and unregistered agricultural managed investment schemes in the drafting of operations agreements with rural management partners in respect of beef cattle projects and operations agreements for cattle, lamb, forestry, tomato and cropping projects.
- Advising an international grains commodity manager on commodity inventory finance facilities totalling $290 million with major Australian and overseas banks.
- Advising on a new non-pooled warehouse finance product to be offered to growers after delivery into the Australian bulk handling system.
- Developing a pre-harvest loan product for growers.